Thursday, April 16, 2009

Block Party played at the Hollywood Paladium two days back I think. I did not go. My roomie, did. Roomie X had a good time I think. He went to the Raffle afterwards. a nearby eater. Myself and Black Teba ,herself driving, went over to meet up. The place was closed. Talked to the Cook outside, he had a sleeve, with some amateur work done, like los angeles, city - done with crude like blocks, not really bad- i am just giving the visual. it was dark but i could tell it was not high quality; i mean i processed those thoughts later. Always cool to see people with art. I know people who use tebori, are more favorable to say only their craftsmanship is really art, and i would whole heartly agree. I plant to erase off with laser my old stuff, so I can get the new stuff done without going over it; thats tacky. And its because I believe that tebori is the only true tattoo art. Everything else is just plain nonsense, going on your body. And although I have old stuff, I now get it. But thats my opinion. I still like to see art on the body. I just do. Whether its one-point, or full suit irezumi. But the latter, I have a very special feeling towards. I do not think the Japanese artist who did my work understood my deep feeling toward that work, perhaps because I cannot show it externally. But I understand it, from the background of my hindu heritage. You know, like Kerouac, I do not believe in editing a single word. Its just something to do with the abmyssal purity of the language. Few could grasp that. Sharpening the pencil is not the only way to make a bold statement . Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder. The philosophy of aesthetics teaches you that. When you haven't smoked in a while, the pressure of your lungs that kind of chamberize to the sweet smoke entering, makes you feel light inside your arms a little, especially when your a small person. I just realized I have very small wrists. How bizarre. Reading blogs is so entertaining. I believe its thew new " news". [does the period go inside the quotes or after? this question has always bugged me when im high][i just put it outside...] Because reading from a persons perspective rather a writers is so much better to understand reality. The reason there are only a few handful of really good authors; is because a really good author is someone who conveys sheer complexity in laudable simplicity, to the greater folk. Thats what makes writing more proficient. I do not mean the layman. I wonder how many even, English proficient people and teachers have read Proust? Singely, one of the most gifted writers and crafters of prose. But all these writers are deconstructive, they go the opposite way of the traditional english medium. Maybe because its true, outside the box..[i got a whiff of Cinnamon- Cinnamon buns?.. mind distracting.. ] anyways , the actually good writer follows a different style of writing. thats my conclusion after reading a lot of great writers works, many non-traditional. only in the grimy heat of the deep pulsing heart, rising in sweat, and anticipation, of what works that may not make it, feebly coursing in ones veins.... you have to be there to write it. otherwise the words are just dry, not all is make-believe..

No comments: